Saturday, May 13, 2017

ZION!!!!

June 2016


Our original plan was to head to Colorado but nature changed our minds. With severe weather being reported pretty much all over Colorado we decided to head to Utah.
First stop Zion.
When you’ve seen Zion National Park once, you’ve seen Zion National Park once.
AND ONCE IS DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH YOU HAVE TO GO AGAIN!!!
I don’t even know how many times I’ve been to Zion but it’s different and breathtaking EVERY TIME!!!! Words can’t describe how amazing it is so I’ll just post a bunch of pictures!
But take my word for it; these pictures really don't do this place justice!
GO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!


There are people climbing up there!


I love to get the red white and blue shots!




Our favorite place to eat lunch!
I love just sitting there taking  in the beauty of this magnificent tree!

Would you climb that?








Don't you just love the silhouette effect! 





The puppies had to stay home on this hike. :(









It's so hard to stop taking pictures here! 



Another pretty cool thing that happened here. I was out walking the dogs early one morning at the RV Park. This farm was next to the park. They had a few cows and were growing barley. I heard the cows start mooing. The mooing turned to a horrific, frantic wail! I looked up and saw something on the rocks behind the house. At first I thought it was a dog then I saw it leap! No dog leaps like that. I was sure it was a cougar! I asked the RV Park owner and he told me that yes, a cougar had been spotted in the hills over that last few weeks. How cool is that! BTW the farmer heard the cows too and came out and chased the big cat away! Hopefully it found food in the hills.

Behind that house is where I saw the big cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.