Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sharing One Of My Favorite Places With Some Of My Favorite People!

June 2016

I have loved Yellowstone National Park since I was a very little girl! It was one of my family’s favorite places to vacation. Larry and I first came here together in 1994 when our two youngest were just babies. Our son Jeffry, who is now an award winning Chef, was 16 and learning the ins and outs of the restaurant business by working along side my Dad, who managed the Grill at Grant Village Campground. Our oldest daughter, Bonnie planned to spend the summer with her Grandparents. This was her first trip back since then! We’ve been back several times but this was one of my favorite visits there. Watching my grandkids experience this place I love so much was awesome!    


Bonnie called me in January and asked if we wanted to meet them there later on in the summer. I was thrilled about the idea. She called the park right away to try and find two sites that we could be near each other. Our new 5th Wheel is 10 feet longer than our old one so I knew it would be difficult but she did it! In the entire park, for the entire summer there was ONE site available for three days that we would fit in and there was a spot right next door for their tent! I know I took pictures of our campsites but I can't find them. If I do I'll post them.
We packed as much fun into those three days as we could!


Having fun at the Visitor Center!



Can you see the bear?

An Elk


One of the real highlights of the trip was seeing this
Mama Black Bear nursing her twin cubs!
I wish I could figure out how to upload the video!
After lunch they romped around in the grass!
It was so cute! The kids still talk about it!
By the way, this looks close but she was down a rather steep hill
and we were 2 feet away from our cars.
We're VERY careful when it comes to viewing wildlife!




We got up at 4:00 AM to try to find wolves in Lamar Valley! We got to Tower Falls around 6:00 AM, the kids were still in their jammies! We didn't see wolves but we saw so much, including the Mama and twins, it was so worth it to get up early! Bonnie said when they rounded the corner into Hayden Valley and Wyatt saw the sun coming up he gasped and in an awed voice said, "Look at that!"

There's a bear up there on the rock too!

Pronghorn in Lamar Valley!

The kids loved sitting on Grandpa's truck watching the Bison and Pronghorn!

I didn't get pictures of them, they were too far away,
but we also saw Mountain Goats up on the cliffs!
Delaney was hoping for a closer look!

Delaney and Wyatt coming back from the trail to the Goats!
We only went to the top of that rise.
We didn't try to climb the cliffs!

Saw tons of Bison along the way!


We went to Cooke City for lunch and found
this bear in front of
one of the shops!
The kids loved growling like a bear!



 

The bison were loosing their winter coat and looking very shaggy! 



We heard some wolves ran through here about 15 minutes before we got there!





Went up to Mammoth Hot Springs!
In the Montana part of the park!








A bent tree makes a perfect seat! I'm pretty sure I have a picture of Kelly and Kerrie sitting in it some where too!

This was the Grill my Dad used to be Manager of and where Jeffry got his start as a Chef!


Now we're a 4 generation Yellowstone National Park Family!


Then it was off to spend a few days in one of my other favorite places:
GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK!

If you're enjoying our blog please follow us and leave us a message and let us know!


2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.