Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Cuyahoga Valley National Park

September 2016


We went to a really pretty RV Park in Mantua, Ohio. It had its own little lake, a nice playground for kids and it was just nice. As Larry was setting up I was walking the dogs around and some lady walked by extremely upset. The place was not cheap but places with full hookups usually aren’t. She said something to me about the sewer but I didn’t know what she said and we had sewer so I didn’t worry about it.
I should paid more attention to her!










The RV Park really was pretty!


But whoever designed it
needs to actually use an RV!




While we were here we went to Cuyahoga Valley National Park! I’d never heard of it but we’re always happy to check off another park visited. It was pretty nice too! I went into the gift shop hoping to add to my 2016 National Park T-Shirt collection and asked the guy if they had any.
He looked at me all exasperated and told me it was his job to order shirts and he didn't think anyone would buy those and they'd end up with a bunch of left over dated shirts.
He said so many people asked for them, they would have sold out 3 times over!













Cuyahoga Valley National Park
is one of our smaller National Parks
but it really is lovely! 







We've seen lots of odd street signs in our travels.
This is one of the oddest!
Larry hurt his back at the last park we were at but he thought he’d just walk it off so we did a little hiking around the park. Big mistake! By that night he was in so much paid he could barely move! The next morning I found a doctor that would see him that day. I had to help him walk to the office from the parking lot. We found out it was a bad strain. He gave him some muscle relaxers and pain-killers. He said he should try to relax and not do anything strenuous for a few days. So the next day I got to be the one who did all the un-hooking-up of the rig. That’s when I found out what that lady the first day was talking about. The sewer was up hill! Water doesn’t run up hill! Whose bright idea was it to put the sewer up hill from where it empties from the rig?!?

We usually start with the black water (yeah, that one) then when we do the grey water it kind of flushes out the yuk in the hose. We decided to start with the grey water to see if it would work. It didn’t! I tried to lift the hose a little at a time to make it go up hill. Didn’t work! It ended up disconnecting before it got to the drain and poured water all of the ground. Its not poop water but it still stinks and his a little disgusting. We had to dump; we were full! We finally found out that they had a dump station that we could use. We got every thing battened down and used that!

Life is an adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.