Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Land Of Enchantment!

May 2016


Except for a few days in a little bitty corner of Texas, we spent most of May in New Mexico! I love New Mexico! Lots of things to do and see and the people are very friendly! People always ask me; with all of our travels what is my favorite state or place. I really don’t have one because every state has its uniqueness, but New Mexico is definitely up there. We started out in Las Cruces at Coachlight Inn & RV Park. Not much to look at but the people are nice, it was clean and a good base for some interesting things to do and see.


One of the sites we saw while here is Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument. We learned that not all National Monuments are part of the National Park System. This one is part of the National Conservation Lands System. I didn’t even know there was such a thing. But whoever is responsible for setting it aside and maintaining it, I’m very grateful. It’s awesome!
We finally remembered to charge the selfie stick!





The little visitor Center


Notice the no pets sign
Because it was early spring and lots of animals were having babies we couldn’t bring the dogs anywhere in this park. I thought that was a good thing. After all, protecting the environment is the number one priority for places like this. We drove around took a few pictures then headed over to a place that we could do a bit of hiking.

I don't even know if this place had a name.
The volunteer at the visitor center told us about it. 
It was pretty awesome too! 
And Jenny and Jackson are always up for a nice hike!
Perfect day for a hike!

This place was pretty spectacular too!



I think we forgot the selfie stick in the car


The desert flowers were beautiful!
Next stop: Guadalupe Mountains National Park in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.