Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Close Encounters of the Awesome Kind!

July 2016


I know Devil’s Tower is still Wyoming but I love it so much I thought it deserved a blog post of it’s own!
 

We've been here before but this is one of those places that I just can't get enough of!
From the prairie dog village in the plains around it, the trail around the tower
and the tower itself I think the whole place
is MAJESTICAL! (I heard that word used in a movie and I've been dying to use it)


I'm fascinated with geology but the Native stories about how the tower came to be are more fun to read!

 


 At the base of Devil’s Tower is a KOA campground that shows the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind EVERY NIGHT!! They’ve been doing this for years! I think it’s hilarious! Not the movie, the fact that they do that! We’ve never actually stayed in that campground so we’ve never attended their awesome movie night but we have the movie so we watched it the night before we visited.

We like to take the hike around the tower!
I just can't stop taking pictures as I go!



 Can you see the climbers? They're braver than I am!

 We usually see deer there too! This trip did not disappoint!



 We like to stick to this trail!
 No puppies on this trip, they're not allowed. 
 




Long horn steer and bison having lunch together!



If you haven't been there you should go! But watch the movie first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.