Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Checking Off That Bucket List

April 2016 (still)



You know how sometimes a song gets stuck in your head until you just wanna stick an icepick in your brain to get rid of it? Then there’s that song that gets stuck there and you just happily hum along. One of the later for me is the Eagle’s Take It Easy! I love that song. So many things remind me of that song and I just start humming. Ever since I learned that there’s a statue of a man standing on the corner in Winslow, AZ I’ve wanted to go see it. Well check that one off the bucket list!

It was 90 miles to Winslow from where we were staying. Larry wasn’t sure if he wanted to drive that far for one thing but I told him there was stuff along the way we could see.
It was so worth it! Even if we didn’t see much else along the way.


Well, I'm a standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
Such a fine sight to see
 
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flat-bed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me
 
 


Got a T-shirt from this place!


After Glenn Frey, who co-wrote the song with Jackson Browne, passed away they replaced the statue of the man with a statue of him. Winslow is back on my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.