Friday, May 26, 2017

Fun In the Windy City! Ghost Hunting!

September 2016

My cousin Kate and John like to take vacations around haunted places! They’ve been to a bunch! As a believer myself I am fascinated by stories of hauntings. As far as I know I’ve never seen a ghost but I did get a warning from a long dead friend that saved mine and my 2 youngest daughter’s lives, but that’s a story for another day! When Kate asked me if I wanted to go ghost hunting at a couple of local cemeteries of course I said YES!

A cherub sitting atop a couple's joint headstone
 
I don't remember the name of the church the cemetery was in but it was beautiful!
 
Some of the stones looked brand new, even though they were old. Kate told me they replaced some of the old, unreadable stones with newer ones.


I think the old, unreadable ones had more character!

 I don't want to be buried, I want to be cremated but if someone leaves a marker and calls me
Sherry L. His Wife I'm going to come back and haunt them!

 The church was really pretty.



 The statues around the church were beautiful too!
 We had a Grotto at the Catholic School I went to in first grade. This reminded me of that.







After the church we went on a path that is said to be haunted.





I thought the red mushrooms were awesome!



A woman was said to have drown in this lake. People say they hear her sometimes!



 It was peaceful and beautiful there. Just in case any ghosts were listening I did apologize for the morons who use this beautiful lake as a garbage can though.





One experience I had while here that was a little unnerving,
I was sitting on a log enjoying the peace when a slight breeze came up.
As it passed I noticed one of the trees bending to the breeze.
ONE of the trees. The rest didn't seem to be effected by it.
I went and pushed on that tree, thinking its roots were not solid but it wouldn't budge! 



 Look! A gho... Oh, wait, that's Kate!




If we saw any ghosts that day I didn’t know it but the feeling of presences was definitely in the air!
Besides I love cemeteries, especially old ones! It made for another enjoyable day with my cousin!

1 comment:

  1. Had such a great time! The church was St James, it is one of the oldest Catholic churches around. Original was built in the 1800s. The lake was also sight of two mass killings.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.