Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Back “Home” To South Dakota

July 2016


Driving into South Dakota was a bit strange. We hadn’t been there since December 2015 when we became residences and everything was covered in snow! Southern California will always be my home but
South Dakota is pretty cool too!
They have tons of really great state parks with really great fishing
plus… MOUNT RUSHMORE!

Heading up to the monument they have a row of all the states flags!

The movie they show of Gutzon Borglum's dream of building
the monument is pretty inspiring! He died before it was
completed so his son finished it!

 Again, we’d been there before but not like this! We heard they have a lighting ceremony at dusk so we decided to attend. It was awesome! They called all active and retired military up onto the stage. There were a bunch of them! They all stated their name and what branch of the military they were in.

 I kept thinking: Douglas Piuser, United States Navy!
My dad was so proud of his service to our country!

He would have loved being a part of that!

 This is the view as you drive down the road leaving the monument! Pretty awesome!


 One of the really beautiful South Dakota Lakes we fished in!


There's an eagle up there on that dead tree!

 Jenny and Jackson waiting for one of us to catch a fish!







I found this awesome rock with the
heart shaped hole in the middle!

Larry caught one!

 I can't help it. Without my Grandkids around to take pictures of I take pictures of my puppies!


Beautiful South Dakota Sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.