Thursday, May 25, 2017

Relaxing in Some State Parks

End of July 2016



We spent the last 2 weeks of July not doing much of anything. Both South Dakota and Nebraska have really nice state parks. We headed for a family reunion in NE utilizing the state parks as we went.





At Farm Island State Park in 
South Dakota we had a site just 
a few feet from the lake.
It was hot her in July
so a relaxing dip in the lake felt heavenly!

       








From the kitchen all you could see 
was water out both windows.
It almost felt like
being on a houseboat!
 We went to the other side of the lake where they had a fishing dock.
That's Stella on the lake over there!

Someone enjoyed an early morning stroll before me!


It's 5 O'clock somewhere! I need one of these!

 We stood there and watched this guy swim across the little bay in the lake.
We think it's a muskrat!
 Having some downtime gave me time to finish the frames I'd been working on. I had regular frames but they bounce around when we travel and have glass. I was taking them down and putting them up every time. I made these frames out of plastic canvass and yarn. The stay up all the time!
I think this was Niobrara State Park in Nebraska.

Retirement can't be all go, go, go!
A little time for just relaxing was nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.