Monday, May 22, 2017

THE GRAND TETONS!!!


June 2016


When my brother Steve named his Golden Retriever Canyon, after the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, I thought naming your beloved pet after one of your favorite places was an awesome idea. When we got Jenny I thought of sitting on the shore of Jenny Lake in the Tetons! And of course a year later thinking about Jackson Lake made the choice for her adopted brother’s name easy.

I showed my grandkids pictures of both places and told them I couldn’t wait to show them the real thing!
I finally got to!

Seeing the Grand Tetons never ceases to take my breath away! I could just sit there and look at them forever! I hope you enjoy sharing these memories as much as we enjoyed making them!


Leave the place cleaner than when you found it!
Except your face! A little dirt on the face is good for you!
Gros Ventre (pronounced Grow Vant) Campground is one of our favorite!
Jackson is snapping at a fly not the kids!

She wanted Jackson to look at the camera!




Grandma's face got a bit smudged too!


 We stop by the grocery store at Dornans all the time
but we've never stopped to eat there!
I'm glad we did this time. It's really yummy! 

 It's hard to see but we saw our first moose of the trip!
It's that black thing in the middle of the picture!
A bison walked through the campground! Griffin didn't want to look at the camera!
He was too busy watching the bison!

Me and Savannah

How beautiful are they? The mountains and the kids!!!!


Our picnic at Jenny Lake!


  Roasting marshmallows on our last night together!



Griffin says bye-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.