Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Badlands National Park

July 2016


I know I keep saying this but it’s true: The Pictures of Badlands National Park DO NOT do it justice! The geology of the place is just amazing! Everything looks like a sandcastle on the beach that should get washed away in a wave! Except there’s no waves near by and the gully washer rains don’t appear to effect it! Oh we know they do. After all water carved out The Grand Canyon, but the hills and formations in Badlands look so delicate but you can climb on them and they look the same the day after a big rain storm!
I know it looks pretty solid in this picture but I had to get out and get close to touch the ground because it looked like a sandcastle!






The clouds were pretty awesome too! Have you ever seen Alien?




 It's illegal but some guy with a drone was flying it over this. He was looking for Bighorn Sheep.
You don't need a drone for that!



I liked this post!



The flowers were beautiful!




And if geology is not your thing, there’s always the Bighorn Sheep! They’re like the Bison in Yellowstone! They’re all over the place! And they don’t seem to care if you drive by them or not, they’re just gonna keep on munching the grass!


 This was about 1/2 the group I saw running over the hills! A bunch more had already run by!

Mama and twin babies having lunch!
We stayed at a place called Badlands Interior Campground in Interior, SD.
Nice place, nice people and for some reason I didn't get a picture of it but there was an RV that was an ice fishing rig. Weirdest RV I've ever seen! A panel came down on the outside and made it look like there were no wheels. It was pretty cool, but I have no desire to go ice fishing!



Hope you enjoyed our trip to the Badlands, we sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.