Monday, May 15, 2017

The Fremont People!

June 2016



Driving the roads of Dinosaur NM you’ll see the petroglyphs and pictographs of “The Fremont People”. The Archaeologists who study them named after the Freemont River but I’m pretty sure that’s not what they called themselves. They lived here 1,000 to 2,000 years ago. I wonder if 1,000 years from now people will be using my blog to study how full-time RVers lived? They left some pretty awesome evidence of their time on this earth!

I saw this sign and looked for one of these large lizards everywhere!





More Ancient Space Alien pictures!



 






The Fremont River. There's a little campground down there too!









I think this is a Carnival Worker selling balloons!


I think they included anatomical parts on this one!


See the lizard?

 This was an elk potty yard! It's EVERYWHERE! 
But this is the only place I saw any!

Finally saw one of those lizards! It's hard to tell from this picture but they're huge!





 I love art!!!









Petroglyphs are carved or chipped into rock, while pictographs are painted onto rock. I don't think I saw any pictographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.