Friday, May 12, 2017

Albuquerque! (Part One)

Still May 2016




I planned one Albuquerque post. Then I went through the pictures and realized, it’s gonna take more! We were only going to stay a few days but somewhere around Las Cruces I cracked a tooth! It had to be taken care of! We found a dentist who told me every queen needs a crown! It would take at least a week maybe two to get it taken care of. Albuquerque soon became one of my favorite cities, and not just because they have an awesome Costco!

For one thing we discovered another National Monument we didn’t know about! Petroglyphs National Monument has a strange layout! There’s a really nice visitor center where I got my National Parks Passport stamped! Been doing that since around 2004.

I started with these little books. They print a set of stamps
for every region, every year!

The little books are good for about four years.
After purchasing a few of those I graduated to this larger book.

You can add pages to the bigger book instead of buying a whole new one!
The stamps have dates and where you are.
We got a map at the Visitor Center that shows where the hikes to the petroglyphs are. You have to drive through the city and through neighborhoods to find the hikes.

We decided to take the Piedras Marcadas Canyon Trail because it was getting late and it was the closest. It has a little tiny parking lot in the middle of a neighborhood with a trail that goes between 2 houses. Once past the houses you’re pretty much in the middle of the desert. The petroglyphs were awesome!



















Plus they have the biggest jackrabbits I’ve ever seen! They’re HUGE with GIANT ears! I do all caps like that because…THEY’RE HUGE!!!! When I first saw one I thought it was a coyote! I was ready to bolt with the dogs so they wouldn’t end up coyote lunch! Jackson saw one and my Mr. Tuffy was afraid of them! I can’t find it now but I’m pretty sure there’s one in this picture!

If you see a jackrabbit in this picture let me know!

This hike was just an all around fun hike!

 
Jackson was hot and tired and afraid of the giant Jackrabbits


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.