Thursday, May 18, 2017

Rim Station RV Park in Pinedale, WY

June 2016


50 miles southeast of Grand Teton National Park is a little RV Park called Rim Station in a little town called Pinedale, WY. I don’t know if I was just happy that I’d be with my Grandkids again soon or what but I loved this place!

This picture with this little bluebird reminds me of
how pretty and peaceful Rim Station is.


The owner/operators were super nice and friendly, there was beautiful wildlife all over the place and some of the prettiest lakes with the best fishing ever!
When our youngest daughter came back from college the first year, she talked me into being a vegan. As long as she and I cooked together it was actually awesome: nutritious and tasty and not at all difficult. When Larry and I started traveling it became a little more complicated to cook 2 completely different meals all the time (Larry won’t even consider it) so I added cheese and eggs to my diet but I really didn’t like the idea of eating animals. By the time we’d been on the road 6 months, as much as I love doing what we’re doing I missed my kids and grandkids so much. When Larry said he wanted to go fishing in Wyoming (something I really love doing) I decided I would join him. I’ve always believed fishing was cheaper and more effective than therapy! So… sorry fish, when it’s a choice between you and my sanity… well, I’m choosing sanity.


This was the view from our back window. We found out that pronghorn
can jump over fences but they won't. They go under them. So lot's of ranchers
in the area voluntarily take out the bottom post on the kind of fence way
in the back, not the one in the foreground, so they won't impede the migration of pronghorn.
I thought that was pretty awesome of the ranchers!







They love fishing!

Trying to keep them secured when one of us pulled in a fish proved difficult.
They pretty much went nuts trying to get the fish!












Sorry Kerrie, I was sad, missing all of you and needed the therapy!

Pronghorn on the hillside

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.