Sunday, July 23, 2017

YELLOWSTONE! FROM BRIDGE BAY!

June 2017

When we got the reservation from Canyon to stay at Bridge Bay the lady told us the first thing we should do when we check in is ask if we could stay 2 days.
She said people cancel all the time and the worst that could happen is they say no.
THEY SAID YES!!!
I couldn’t believe it! We had 2 days at the same campsite in Bridge Bay!
No hookups or anything but that’s why we have a self-contained RV!
We filled up with water and we were good to go!
We only use our generator, which is a whole lot quieter than other people's,
 to make coffee in the morning! Then we enjoy the day!

We’d never stayed at Bridge Bay before! We were greeted by 5 male elk!
One of them was so close to my window I could have reached out and touched the velvet on his antlers. I didn’t! The welcome only heightened our excitement about being there!





I had to go to the bathroom before Larry got the trailer set up. I opened the door and this guy was just a few feet away! He was munching grass but his head popped up so fast when I opened that door!
I scared him as much as he scared me! We just stood there and looked at each other for a few minutes. I told him, "I'm not going anywhere until you do." He moved on!



 After the elk moved on this guy moved in!
Pretty exciting campground!

Beautiful Lake Yellowstone!





 This guy was pecking at someone's suitcase in the parking lot!
Made me wonder what was in there!


Came out of the visitor Center and saw these people loving up my puppies!






 Saw this awesome Bison nursery!









 Relaxing at the campground!


Don't forget, if you're enjoying our blog scroll down to the bottom
and click that follow button!
We love knowing who's reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.