Thursday, August 10, 2017

THE GRAND TETONS!


June 2017

Grand Teton National Park!
What can I say about The Tetons? It’s my happy place!
When I heard my brother named his Golden Retriever Canyon after his favorite place, The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, I thought naming your beloved pet after your favorite place was a fantastic idea.
It didn’t take me long to realize my sweet girl (who came into my life 5 years ago) could only be called Jenny! Jenny Lake in The Tetons is my favorite place to just sit and be! It’s breathtakingly beautiful and incredibly peaceful!
I love The Tetons! There’s always amazing wildlife to see but I frequently miss it because I'm gazing at the mountains!
Our plan was to stay in one of my favorite campgrounds, Gros Ventre! It’s a first come first served campground but one of the ladies who works there told me as far as she knows the only time they’ve ever been full was The 4th of July 2014! Other than that they’ve never come close! But my husband being the paranoid guy he is, is always afraid we won't find something so when we heard that Colter Bay had a place we took that space instead. It was nice but next time I'm holding out for Gros Ventre! Anyway we had 2 (but not nearly enough) glorious days in the Grand Tetons.

So sit back, scroll through the pictures and enjoy one the most spectacular places on the planet!

How can your breath not be taken away by a view like this!

This is where the panoramic on my camera/phone came in really handy!

And when the wildflowers are in bloom... even more spectacular!

When you're a geology buff, like we are, things like this are fascinating!


That panoramic thing got a workout!











Apparently the Tetons love us back!
See the love they gave us!



I think the puppies know this place is special!




Water under the bridge at String Lake




Us at Jenny Lake!
How incredibly beautiful is this place!!!!!




They got this weird tree in the Visitor Center Parking Lot!


This had to have been a new display because I'd never seen it before.
I definitely would have noticed this!



I don't know if you can tell but the "trail" to the lake is s stream!
I call this one Mike Woodosky!

Hope you enjoyed our little trip to the Tetons!
We sure did!

Don't forget if you're enjoying our blog push that little follow button at the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.