Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Climbing Through Lava Tubes!

April 2017

We only stayed at Wild Goose Lodge Motel and RV Park for 3 days. It was 3 days jam packed with fun and adventure! The “RV Park” was actually the cutest little motel with about 5 full hookup sites in the back parking lot. We got one of the last available spaces! The people there were the down home friendly kind and they had the cutest Weimaraner named Luna!


Merrill, OR is centrally located to Lava Beds National Monument, Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuge, Modoc National Wildlife Refuge and Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuge! I took more pictures in 3 days than I had in a long time! I just couldn’t stop snapping them!




Got this shot as we drove passed
her really fast!
Can't believe I got such a good picture!




I was talking to someone
recently who thought
Lava Landscapes were boring.
I find them absolutely fascinating!






This giant “rock” used to be an island in the middle of Modoc Lake. It has ancient drawings all over it! The Modoc People used to take boats out to the island and draw pictures in the rock. Then someone had the brilliant idea to drain the lake to make room for fertile land. I would rather have seen the lake.









I wish I could understand what the symbols mean!


They had to put a fence around it so ignorant people don't destroy it.








I love obsidian!

We love visiting caves but we’d never been in a Lava Tube Cave until this trip.
It was surreal walking through this tube that used to be hot molten rock!




































More deer!
Saw a coyote way out there, got out my phone in time to take a picture of him taking a dump!
If you look close you can tell he's looking at me.
Probably thinking, "A little privacy here please!"







Watching the water fowl dance was like watching ballet!





Merrill, OR, just across the border from California is a fabulous place to visit and explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.