Friday, July 7, 2017

Vampires and Werewolves!

May 2017

As I mapped out our plans for Washington I concentrated on the Coast to Coast, RPI and Passport America websites. We spent a fun filled (for me anyway) 4 days in in Forks, WA a few years earlier and I really wasn’t sure if Larry would be willing to go back! If you don’t know what I mean, you’re obviously NOT a Twilight fan! I LOVE Forks! Not just for the Twilight part of it, it’s just a fun little town close to lots of things to do and see! When I told Larry there was no C2C or anything in Northwestern WA he said, “What about that place in Forks? What’s it called again? Why don’t we go there?”
“You mean The Forks101 RV Park? OKAY!”
Turns out we were a little early in the year and some of the roads to places we were hoping to see were still closed for the winter but hey… it’s FORKS! When we were there before I told Larry I was going to watch ALL the Twilight movies. I told him he didn’t have to watch them with me if he didn’t want to but HE DID! ALL 5 of them! A few months ago I was really sick for almost a week! I rarely get sick like that but I was not well at all. I told him all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and watch Twilight! And I did! ALL 5 of them! So this time in Forks I wasn’t going to make him watch them but he said,
“We are going to watch those movies again while we’re here aren’t we?”
“OKAY!” No argument from me!
Other than obsess over Bella, Edward and Jacob (although I think Larry’s favorite is Victoria) we also went to La Push! “La Push baby! It’s La Push!”

I love La Push! It’s such a beautiful beach! Didn’t get any pictures of vampires or werewolves, at least not that I know of, but I did get some awesome pictures of La Push!


 We went by Astoria, OR on our way out!
So of course we had to watch Kindergarten Cop too!
 The bridge was kind of awesome so I took a picture!

Loved these signs!




 La Push is such an interesting and beautiful beach!






















This is the real Forks High School!
You can see it from the RV Park!
The one in the movies is in Canada where they were filmed.

 The RV park gives out self guided Twilight tours.
I tried to do it 3 years ago so I used those pictures.
I think this is supposed to be Bella's house!


The production company donated this sign to the real Forks High School


 This truck is always parked out front!






The Chamber of Commerce has 2 kinds of trucks. This is the kind described in the book... 









This is the kind from the movie! 


In the book Bella had a job. The store in the books where she worked is based on this store.
It's right across the street from the RV Park.
One thing I learned was that the Forks RV Park has a Sister Park in Oxnard, CA! 
(our old neighbors) Not sure what makes them sister parks but that was cool!

Even if you're not a Twilight fan, Forks is a fun little town, close to a lot of fun things to do!

Okay! I finally figured out this follower thing! Please, if you're enjoying our blog scroll all the way to the bottom. There's a large brown strip at the bottom with a "follow" button. Select that and you can follow our blog! Now I'm going to work on getting videos up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.