Thursday, July 6, 2017

The 9th Best Fish Place in The U.S.

May 2017

Our first stop on our tour of the Oregon Coast was Whaler’s Rest RV Resort in South Beach, OR. When we signed up for Coast to Coast we were offered a membership in RPI (Resort Parks International) for a reduced rate. Since C2C has limits as to how many nights in a row you can stay at an affiliate park we decided to go for it. Good choice! When we max out on C2C we use RPI. The nightly rate is a little more but not much. Whaler’s Rest was on the RPI list but we had no idea what there was to see in the area. Other than the beautiful coastline of course. When we checked in Larry asked the lady if there was anything fun to do or see. We were talking sightseeing. She must have been starving because all she talked about were places to eat! She told us of a few then started talking about this fish place that we just HAD to go to! She raved about it! We decided... why not? We don’t eat out much but it had been a longer than normal drive and we were both hungry and tired. We got set up and followed her directions to "This Fish Place".

When we got there we were a little confused. We walked up the steps and found a little grocery store not a restaurant. We needed a few things anyway so we went in grabbed what we needed and went to check out. I asked the guy about the restaurant and he said, “Oh yeah, it’s right there!” he pointed to an adjoining door. “It’s part of the store!”
Okay, seems like more of a store deli than a restaurant but It’s still better than cooking. I’m game!
He got a shy smile on his face and tried to act nonchalant, “Yeah, we just found out last month some foodie magazine, I think it was bon appetit, rated us the 9th best fish restaurant in the country.” He tried, not successfully, to hide his excitement about this little piece of information. I got excited! I think he figured he didn’t have fake it anymore and got a lot more enthusiastic. I asked it they did take out, he affirmed they did and I said, “Good, I’m starving!”
His response: “Oh, well, sorry, they just closed.”
NOOOOOOO!
We came back the next day! It was THE BEST fish place I’ve ever been to!
Can't wait to find out what 1 through 8 are and try them!

All on our own we also discovered the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse was nearby too!
We love old lighthouses so we went there. It was really interesting!

 There were funny geese at the park! The dogs weren't sure what to make of them!







I love it when I see this out my back window!









The Oregon Coast is so pretty!

I didn't know you could go all the way to Boston on Interstate 20!




I love the rugged coastal trees!











I loved this quilt!




I don't do stairs well.
It took me a while to get down!
Negotiating the stairs was worth this view!













The scenery was gorgeous! I fell in love with the Oregon Coast!

If you like what you see follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.