Friday, July 7, 2017

Stupid Rules They Don’t Tell You About!

May 2017

As much as I love Forks, WA my number 1 goal when we visited the state was to see family and friends who live there! It’s difficult when you’re pulling a large trailer to figure out where to stay. Cost effectiveness always comes into play when you’re on a budget but close enough to visit is important too! I mapped it all out way back in February! It took a long time. If you look at a map of Seattle you’ll see the problem. There’s water… lots of water… ALL over the place! We figured out that to take the truck and trailer across one of the bridges, or toll roads I can’t remember, would be $80! We looked for a place that would avoid tolls. I finally found one. Then at the last minute Larry looked at the reviews of one of the parks I had booked. It wasn’t good! In fact it was some of the worst comments I’ve ever seen for an RV Park. We decided to stay elsewhere. I found a pretty little Coast to Coast Park in Hoodsport, WA. Only 30 amp but we can deal with that if we don’t run the toaster and the microwave at the same time and no sewer at the site but they had a dump station. We can go 3 or 4 days without dumping if we’re careful so not a problem. I called, they had room so we cancelled the other reservation and drove to Hoodsport! Here’s where the rules we didn’t know about came into play. The Park was part of a system called Sunrise Resorts. They are part of the Coast to Coast system but they have their own little separate rules. If you stay even 1 day at a Sunrise Resort you have to wait at least 7 days before you can stay at another! The next park I had reservations for, the park close enough to go visit family and friends was, you guessed it, a Sunrise Resort park! I got a text message that I didn’t look at until about 10:00 that night! Our reservations had been cancelled! We had planned on staying there 4 days! Plenty of time to visit everyone I wanted to visit! I started scrambling to find another park in the area! That task was made difficult by the crappy wifi and I had to go outside to make the phone calls to see if they had openings. None of them did! We ended up adding to the reservations we had at the next park and driving almost 300 miles to get there!
No friends and family visits. 😞
One consolation: Dow Creek RV Park was beautiful
and it was close to Lake Crescent so we did some sightseeing!


We stopped along the way at this pretty lake!
I love the reflection of the clouds in the lake!





 There were some cute little ducks there too!


















 I thought this looked like an Orangutan!



And don’t forget, I finally figured out the followers widget!
If you’re enjoying our blog
please scroll down to the bottom of the page
and select the follow button!
We’d love to know who’s reading this!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.