Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Marvelous Montana!

June 2017

We left Washington and headed east toward Montana. I have a special fondness for Montana. It’s the home of Glacier National Park and is one of the 3 states that are in the boundaries of Yellowstone National Park, the other 2 being Idaho and Wyoming. 
Most importantly, I wrote a Young Adult Ecofiction, Song of the Ghost Dog about a teenage girl whose parents drag her to Montana to live for a year. Unlike the rest of her family she is not a “Nature Girl”. Then she encounters a white wolf. A passion to protect him is born. The story was inspired by my own siting of a white wolf walking on the shore of the Yellowstone River. I’m still looking for representation and a publisher but my novel was a recent runner up in the
(I use my maiden name when I write)
Our first stop in the Big Sky State was a place called Trout Creek Motel and RV Park in Trout Creek, MT. This place was a find! We had full hookups but every site was surrounded by trees. I got the feel of genuine wilderness! We saw deer roaming through the park and lilacs hung everywhere!
The smell was enchanting!
It was a driving day for Larry’s birthday but at least it wasn’t long and it was a beautiful drive!






 I need a scratch and sniff app! These things smelled heavenly!


 I see you!







And don’t forget, I finally figured out the followers widget!
If you’re enjoying our blog please scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the follow button! We’d love to know who’s reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.