Friday, July 14, 2017

Phil Jackson’s Hometown!


June 2017

We only stayed at the Indian Creek Campground in Deer Lodge, MT for 3 days. There’s not much to do in Deer Lodge but we did find out that the Grant-Kohrs Ranch in town is part of the National Park Service so we went to the museum there. They have a nice little trail around the area but we couldn’t take the dogs and the mosquitoes were nasty, vicious little things so we opted out.
I did get my National Parks Passport Book stamped!
Since I only took a few pictures I intended to combine this post with the next one.
Then I found out the most important thing about Deer Lodge, MT!
PHIL JACKSON WAS BORN THERE!



That was definitely worthy of a post all unto itself!
I AM, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE
A LAKER’S FAN!!!!


Yeah, yeah, yeah I know they haven’t been doing so great lately but I grew up during the Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, and Gail Goodrich era. With The Golden Throat, Chick Hearn calling the games on the radio. I remember the 33 game win streak, thinking, They’re NEVER going to loose! That was almost 50 years ago and that record streak still stands.
Many people, including me, believe it will always stand.
Then it was Kareem and Magic! It was magic!
When my son and daughter became fans we watched on TV as Coach Phil lead Kobe and Shaq to more championships! The Lakers were great again!
The Lakers WILL be on top again someday!
And until they are I will always be a Laker Fan!

Besides when my son Jeffry, the Chef and Laker’s Fan was Head Chef of the Restaurant at Many Glacier Hotel in Glacier National Park he heard Coach was going to be visiting. (this was back when he was still Coach of my Lakers) Jeffry prepared a special purple soup then he made a gold colored glaze and floated a Laker L on top of the soup in a large tureen. He’s not just a great chef he’s also very clever. When Coach came in Jeffry got to meet him!


 Saw this spillway when we were driving to Deer Lodge.
I just thought it was cool!

 Above is the pretty little lake
Below is the Earth Dam the spillway flowed from!

 This fat little Robin sat there watching the dogs! They didn't know it was watching them!





Wagon from the

Grant-Kohrs Ranch! 


Magpie at the ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.