Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Thanksgiving at Holiday Trav-L-Park in Del Rio, TX

November 2016


We stopped at a store to get stuff for a traditional Thanksgiving feast! They had a small turkey breast, (tofu turkey roast for me) canned cranberries, pumpkin pie, fixings for green bean casserole, the works! I was sad about not spending the holiday with my kids and grandkids but we were determined to celebrate!
Then we got to the aptly named Holiday Trav-L-Park in Del Rio, TX. It’s a stones throw from the border of Mexico. As Larry was setting up the trailer I was going through the papers they gave us at check in. The RV Park put on a feast for all its guests! They asked everyone to bring a side dish or dessert, their own plates and stuff and they would supply everything else. It was awesome! They had tons of food and great company! One of the women I met was from Southern California. She was not really happy about moving to Texas when her husband got a job here but she said she’s learned to love it. She said it was hard when she first got here because she kept tripping over things. The stars at night were so bright and beautiful all she did was look up as she walked! That night a made a point of looking up! She was right!
 
My Thanksgiving Troll Dolls!

 
 I made John and Pricilla years ago!
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them!

 I kept trying to remember where I saw this beautiful tile mosaic!
Then I remembered! It was in a rest stop bathroom!
 We spent some time at the Devils River State Natural Area. It was beautiful! 




The border crossing.



Like I’ve said before when you hit the open road remember to remain open to experiences you didn’t know were coming!
Life is an Adventure!!!

And I still would love to know who’s reading this!
Don’t forget to leave a comment and tell us where you’re from!

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.