Monday, June 12, 2017

Home for Christmas

December 2016


“Oh there’s no place like home for the holidays” those words from an old Perro Como song have never hit me as much as they did this past Christmas! Traveling around the country is exciting and adventurous but oh how I missed my kids and grandkids! The closest RV park with full hookups is a 40 minute drive to their house and it was pouring the day we got there. Our plan was to go see them the next morning. They knew we were coming. We decided we couldn’t wait. I called my daughter to make sure they’d be home but she didn’t tell the kids. The excitement in their faces and their hugs was unforgettable! Our youngest daughter left for Italy to spend a year studying abroad before we even made the decision to do this so we hadn’t seen her for almost a year and a half! It was heaven just to hug her!

Savannah sang at Christmas Mass! I'm not sure what was bugging Wyatt
but he got happier after I took this!









I really missed making veggie things with Kerrie who is also a vegetarian. We made this pretty veggie wreath together!




Like her Uncle, Chef Jeff, Savannah loves to cook. So of course his gifts to her are usually chef related.
He taught her how to make his award winning Paella! 

 
 Me and Wyatt being silly before Mass starts!               Wyatt and Griffin loved the little basketball                      net we got for Griffin!


I just love watching them on Christmas morning! 


 Delaney's God Mother gave her the dollhouse that she used to play with as a little girl!
We got her some dollhouse people to play with! She was over the moon when she saw the dollhouse!

Savannah modeling the sweater we got her!          Kerrie got me wine glass sippy cups! I love them!

 The rain brought a beautiful rainbow!

Someone gave them a Pie-In-The-Face game! I wish I knew how to put up videos! They're hilarious!

 We hadn't seen Kerrie or her puppy Dakota for almost a year and a half!

Our Baby Boy Griffin is such a little love!

 I watched them for the day and asked them what they wanted to do. They say said, WILD CHERRY! I didn't know what that was. They were more than willing to show us!

We stayed for a while at a county park in Simi Valley.
A big storm came up and blew one of the trees over!


He was NOT happy when Mama had to go somewhere. But he felt better when I turned on Willy Was a Whale, one of Wyatt's favorite! Thank you Justin Roberts! Google Justin Roberts, he's fantastic!


Got to have lunch with Linda again and this time Kerrie joined us!
She loves that she's good friends with her 2nd grade teacher!


Last picture before we had to say goodbye!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.