Tuesday, June 13, 2017

A New Year, More New Adventures!

February 2017


We spent most of January 2017 in and around Thousand Oaks visiting family. I included it in my
Christmas of 2016 Post so I’ll just move on to February of 2017.
We went north to fun and exciting Bakersfield, CA to spend time with my mom and my brother and his family! My brother, Dave and his son David run a Stone and Tile Business in Bakersfield. They just bought a new piece of property with one home on it and they have plans to build another one.

The backyard is huge and came with a pit for cooking meat. They have used it before for beef and pork. Our oldest brother, Doug and his wife Gloria were visiting as well so they decided to try a turkey for everyone this time.

My Great-niece Annemarie "working" the tablet,  my Sister-in-Law, Gloria,
My Mom, Carol, Me and my big brother, Doug enjoying the day!

 Annemarie with Lucy, Gloria, my goofball nephew, David,
my brother Dave, Sister-in-law, Antoinette and Titan. See that block wall? It's 6 feet high! 
Every night little Lucy the wonder dog gets up there and does a security perimeter check!
They've seen her up there, but they're not sure how she gets up there!







Dave and David readying the Pit!





In goes the turkey in the burlap bag!


After more than 10 hours this is what they got! Made me glad I did not eat turkey!
They talked about sticking it in the conventional oven but ended up making the
very wise decision to just dump it! They had grilled sausages instead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.