Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Ghost Mountain Ranch!

March 2017

After Bass Lake we went to another Coast to Coast Park that was in our “Home Park System” of Colorado River Adventures. It was one of my favorite places we’ve stayed! I’m really dating myself here, but the old (very old) TV show, The Virginian was filmed in the area of Ghost Mountain Ranch! The whole park has a western theme with horse statues and old wagons all over the place and a cute little western street. It’s set in the Sierra Mountains just outside Pollock Pines, CA. It’s gorgeous! Super nice people and just a really great park. I was so excited to find a place close to home that my kids and grandkids could go to for a nice vacation! Of course we went there in March and I’m sure it’ll be a lot more crowded for them if they go in the summer but it’s great!
And since I’m adding links I might as well add this one!




After the snow at Bass Lake Jackson was loving the spring weather at Ghost Mountain Ranch!





We took walks everyday!



Lot's of fun statues all over the place!





 










They have a pool!





These wagons were all over too, but you can't climb on them!







There's a basketball court and a really nice playground!
   

A catch and release fishing pond for the kids!  

 The Saloon is a cute little restaurant with reasonably priced burgers and cheese sandwiches!


Plus there's an arcade in one of the "shops"

 I loved this sign!
 I might have to get me one of these!
Plus we met "The Duke" there!

Yup! Life's an adventure! And we're living it to the hilt!

Hope you're enjoying our blog! 

If you are please follow us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.