Tuesday, June 27, 2017

$aving $ with Coast to Coast:Bass Lake RV

March 2017


We joined an RV Park discount program called Passport America when we first retired. I would recommend this to anyone who RVs, for vacations or full time! It’s $40 a year and you get ½ off participating parks and there’s tons of them! Of course most of the parks have restrictions like you can’t always use the discount on weekends and they usually have limits on how many days you can use the discount but it really does save you money. Before we got Coast To Coast when we were looking for places to stay I would go on line and check out what was available on the Passport America site. Even with Coast to Coast we still use it. But when we started to plan our 2017 travels the first thing I did was go to the Coast To Coast site.  Your grown children can use the discount in some places so I wanted to check out places close to home for my kids. We found a park in Bass Lake, CA right outside Yosemite National Park. Turns out C2C worked for us but not for them at this particular park. But it was beautiful! There was snow all over when we first got there and it snowed a couple of times while we were there but it wasn’t a bitter cold. My brother, Doug and his wife Gloria have a timeshare condo in the area so they came up for a few days. We were hoping to go into Yosemite for the day but a recent storm knocked down trees and damaged the road into the park so we just hung out at Bass Lake! A very nice place to hang out!
You might be able to tell by his shirt, my brother is a High School Math Teacher!





 



















 
 

Dogs weren't allowed on the trail so Larry stayed with them while Doug, Gloria and I took a little hike! He told me about an article he read recently about a mom taking a hike in this area with her young children. She stopped to take a photo of them and when she got home she looked closer at the photo and saw a large cougar in the bushes in the background just a few feet away from her children!



I really have to figure out how to add video to this! We saw some crazy guy walking a tight rope across this waterfall/cascade! I thought I took a still of him but I guess not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.