Friday, June 9, 2017

Big Bend National Park

November 2016


One of the most wonderful surprises for me in our travels was Big Bend National Park in Texas! I’ve been to Texas before and, sorry Texans, I’ve never been that impressed with the scenery. I wasn't expecting much at Big Bend but… hey, it’s a National Park! We had to at least look at it!
IT’S INCREDIBLE!!!
The stars at night are awe-inspiring! The sunsets are glorious!
And the mountains are absolutely magnificent!
The campsite had no water, sewer or electricity! So we took long walks in the evening, sat out and watched shooting stars and played the America’s National Parks Memory Game my Grandkids gave us!
It was heaven! Honestly, I never thought I’d find heaven in Texas!

We did have one little mishap when Larry tried to maneuver Stella into the site. There’s a lot of low hanging branches and he kind of ripped open the top corner. I thought we were going to spend the next 3 days looking for a place to get it fixed then get it fixed. Turns out he had everything we needed to do it himself! It's nice having someone handy on the road!
















The rip is just above the N in BIGHORN!











 The Rio Grande separates The US from Mexico





 That's Mexico over there!












We saw those nasty bugs in Texas too!










This mountain changes color depending on where the sun is in the sky!





We had so much fun playing this game! Who needs TV anyway?
Big Bend National Park: A definite must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.