Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Remember The Alamo!

November 2016


It’s fun when you know a certain place you want to go and while mapping it out you discover that along the way there’s something else you’ve always wanted to see! Then when you get there you discover something you never knew about and it’s fantastic! For us, the something else was The Alamo! And the something we never knew about was The San Antonio Mission! I’ve seen most of the Missions in California! Most of them are still working churches. But there were a lot of Missions in Texas as well.
Mission San Antonio is now part of the National Parks System.

I always imagined The Alamo way off in the middle of nowhere! It was… once! Now it’s this awesome old building right in the middle of a sprawling modern city! The city is really beautiful but I’m so glad they preserved and protected The Alamo! Such history!







They listed all the men who died there and the states they were from.




I had to post these for my 
son-in-law, Lee. A proud 
South Carolinian!




Another thing we didn’t know about was the San Antonio River Walk! It’s basically a tourist area with shops and restaurants along a “river” that’s cement on both sides. It’s actually kind of cool!

 They had a Rainforest Cafe there!

My favorite part of San Antonio, TX was the Mission! The history and the architecture was amazing! I told the Ranger there about our travels and how we were trying to see as many National Park sites as possible. She asked me how many we had seen and I told her that the Mission made 50!
She was so impressed she said, “Well then, you definitely deserve this!” 
She handed me a Junior Ranger Badge! I was very excited!













When you hit the open road remember to always remain open to experiences you didn’t know were coming!

Life is an Adventure after all!

I'd love to know who is reading these.
Please leave us a message with where you're from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.