Friday, August 18, 2017

Our Little Disney Princess!

July 2017


For my 100th post I will share with you our adorable Granddaughter, Delaney!


 Knowing we were going to be in one place for a month I decided I was going to do some sewing! When my girls were little I made most of their Halloween Costumes. I also sewed a lot of their clothes. When my daughter got married in Tennessee, I was in Southern California and made her wedding dress from a picture she sent. That was hard, but summer dresses for little girls are fun and easy to make.
  

And how cute are they when their done. Not to mention the lovely model!

This is the fabric for another one. It's Jenny approved!

When our granddaughter, Savannah was little I made a lot of summer dresses for her and a few of her Halloween costumes as well. I remember one in particular was a mermaid outfit that she loved and looked adorable in. I didn’t want my Delaney, Savannah’s little sister, to feel left out and I heard that she’s a tad obsessed with the new Disney Princess, Moana so I told my daughter I was going to make her a Moana costume. At the time I assumed that I would be able to find a pattern for it.
NOPE!
I found a picture of Moana and made my own pattern.

This is the real Moana! Strong, courageous and determined!
A lot better than the Disney female role models I had growing up!

Moana’s outfit has a lot of details on it so I got some fabric paint and painted them! It was difficult and time consuming but totally worth it.



Moana's top is a strapless tube top. I didn't want
Delaney to have a wardrobe malfunction so I put on clear straps!


Detail on the top!

And the finished product! How cute is that smile!!! Rhetorical of course, I know it's adorable!
She still needs a grass skirt under it but it's cute without it too!
It was especially worth it when I saw her smile and my daughter told me when Delaney looked at herself in the mirror she got all emotional and said,
“Oh! I have the best Grandma in the whole world!”



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.