Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Painted Desert

March 2018


Initially I was going to do a combo post of the Painted Desert and The Petrified forest
but I looked at the pictures and realized they need separate posts!
I’ll start with the Painted Desert.
If this place is not on your bucket list to visit, it should be! Spectacular doesn’t come close to describing it! And I tried but these pictures don’t do it justice either. Every view is beautiful and awash with color! One of the truly awesome aspects of the place is that the beauty changes with the position of the sun and the type of weather. The same overlook looks completely different in the morning as it does in the afternoon and evening!
I hope you enjoy what I tried to capture! 






 This was a restaurant, inn, gift shop run by Native Americans.
I bought a carved turtle necklace carved by the lady's Grandson.
They were Hopi.

















I love checking out places where people used to live and work and worship!

 






Such a beautiful and fascinating place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.