Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Petrified Forest

March 2018

Okay second post about this amazing area!
It’s not hard to imagine the forest that used to thrive here with all the awesome stumps laying around. Some of them upright, some of them fallen over. They look so much like wood it's hard to believe they’re actually rock!
The rule of not pocketing pieces was hard for this wannabe geologist to follow but I promise you the ones I kept were legally purchased at a gift shop. 


















Some one parked this awesome car here a long time ago and it's been her ever since!




 You can count the rings!









 They reinforced the bridge at some point!

I put it back, I promise!




 The puppies loved the trail!




Put this place on your Bucket List! It's awesome!
Hope you're enjoying our travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.