Sunday, August 19, 2018

San Diego

January 2018


KQ Ranch is in the mountains above San Diego. It’s close to our daughter, Kerrie, but not close enough to spend much time with her. She did drive up for the day while we were there but I needed more Kerrie-time so we drove down and spent a week at an RV Park just a short drive from her apartment. We got to be there when Kerrie and her friends celebrated her birthday.
We had brunch and drinks! Lots of drinks! It was awesome!



One of her awesome friends got her drink cup markers for her birthday!
They all had a different name and hung on to our glasses. I think her's was Brad!
We also did a bit of beer tasting with her. According to Kerrie, San Diego is the IPA capitol of the US. I didn’t even know what IPA was until Kerrie educated me.
Hey… what are daughters for? I never used to like beer, at least I didn’t think I did. Found out, I was tasting the wrong beer. Good beer is really, well, good! My favorites were the citrus beers!


Kerie gave us tickets for a boat tour of San Diego for Christmas. We got to use those!
The boat had a bar below and chairs on deck and toured the harbor while a guy told us the highlights. What more could you ask for?

This picture was actually an accident! I almost deleted it then
realized it was a great image of the experience!










We also got to check another National Park site off our list. Cabrillo National Monument is beautiful and interesting. The GPS directions to get there took us through the naval base which was a no-no, but we finally made it.
Well worth it!





 









Another highlight of San Diego was visiting our niece Raelynn, her husband Alex and their adorable kids! We got a tour of their awesome new house and were entertained by the kids. They’re hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.