Monday, August 20, 2018

Yuma Lakes

February 2018


We spent the last week of January and all of February in Arizona. I love Arizona! It’s mysterious and magical. Just be careful of where you go in Arizona in the summer! When I heard the name, Yuma Lakes RV Park, I had my doubts, but there really are lakes there! And they’re pretty! I started walking in earnest while there, logging 4 to 5 miles a day (don’t try that in summer) and I lost 15 pounds! Great start!
Got this cute guy while we were there!
Saw this sign and thought it was a great reminder!

Wildlife on the lake!




They had quite a few of these wagons around the park!


Lovely Yuma sunset!
Larry finally talked me into getting a satellite dish while we were there too! I was concerned about the expense but turns out it’s very affordable! We got the receiver free with a 2-year contract and it’s only an added $40 a month for TV. We got a Wally with it, which allows us to record our favorite shows and Larry is getting really good at setting the receiver up. I got an app on my phone that shows where the satellites are in the sky so we can make sure there’s no trees in the way when we set up. The only negative is, Larry is obsessed with the weather! He records 5 or 6 news programs a day and we watch them all! Well we watch the weather part of them anyway! But I get to watch some of the shows I’ve been missing so our home on wheels is more like home!

My awesome satellite finding tool!
Can't put it up here. Trees are in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.