Friday, August 17, 2018

MOM

Carol Marie (Inzinga) Piuser
My Mom!
Back in April I started working on the posts for this blog intending to update it. I got one post up. Then we pulled into a park in Florida, making plans for an epic month of fun! But on May 3rd my world crumbled. My Mom, one of my best friends and biggest supporters died. It sounds strange to say that an 86-year-old died unexpectedly, but for me it was unexpected. My Grandma, her mother, lived to be 95 and I had it in my head that I would have her at least that long. I was supposed to have her another 9 years and I really wasn’t ready to lose her. She had blood issues and had to get what she called her “fill up” every few weeks. She was also prone to pneumonia. My brother called that evening to let me know she was having a little trouble breathing. Just to be safe they took her to the doctor. He admitted her to the hospital for observation. The doctor said it was just a precaution and she would be fine. From what I understand she was laughing and joking with friends, family and nurses (who were actually friends) then sat up and said, “I can’t breathe.” That was it. She was gone. She had a great last day on this Earth. 
Her last moments were filled with love and laughter.
Me and Mom on her 86th birthday!
I am grateful for that.
 I keep wondering when the urge to call her and tell her about some funny or exciting thing will stop, when will I look at her picture and not think, “I can’t wait to see her.”
Will I ever stop feeling like a lost little girl? 
Mom with some of my grandkids!
On her birthday with 3 of her great-granddaughters helping blow
the candles!















Mom love her great-grandkids! She had 22 with 2 more on the way!

I’ve missed her so much it’s been difficult to write anything. I started a book in her honor hoping it would help me cope. It’s a murder mystery set in 1945 Chicago. The main character is a beautiful librarian named, Carol Bellini. It’s been difficult to write but I WILL finish it! My Mom was beautiful, intelligent, funny, caring and a really great Mom! She was also a fantastic Grandma, Great Grandma, sister, aunt and friend. She was loved by so many people and I will always miss her. But she loved my stories and reading this blog so I have to stop crying and write! For her and for me! I miss her so much and I’m sad that she won’t be there when my books are published but 
I’m also so grateful to have had her as a mom. 

Larry and I spent a lot of time with her the last time we saw her.
We took her to a bunch of movies (she loved going to the movies) and took her
out to dinner & breakfast a lot!
Mom and her siblings!
Uncle Bob, Aunt Rita, Uncle Jim
Uncle Arthur, Mom & Uncle Frank

Mom & Dad at their wedding
How gorgeous are they!!!
Larry and I took them to Yosemite the year before my Dad died!
What a great trip that was!
My Dad, who passed away a few years ago, loved to dance. He always had to find another dance partner because my Mom didn’t love to dance but I’m certain they are dancing together in heaven.
I can hear the music, I can see the swaying. 
I am the middle of their 5 children and am proud and
 blessed to have been born into the amazing family they created together.
I miss you both and love you so much.
Thanks for being such fantastic parents!

1 comment:

  1. You're a gifted writer Sherry. I know your mom is still reading it. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.