Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Our Life On Wheels Begins

January 2016

We spent the first few weeks of our new adventure doing pretty mundane stuff. We had to find a place in the trailer for everything. We had to get groceries. We had to get our taxes done and make sure all our bills were going to get paid. It wasn’t very glamorous but we had a wonderful sense of adventure for things to come. 
Excited about our new adventure!


I wanted our new home to feel like home not like we were on vacation so of course I had to find places for family pictures, a few knickknacks and stuff.
A few bells and turtles from my collection

Had to have pictures of the kids and grandkids up!

 
Bonnie got us a personalized rolling pin.
The Trailer says The Jensen's and Larry is fishing and I'm sitting in a chair reading.
We got to know a few of our neighbors, especially the ones with dogs. The only problem is, I always remember the dog's names. Not always the names of their humans!

 
This is Archie, The French Bull Dog
and his human from New Zealand! (can't remember her name)
Finding a place for everything is exhausting work! 
Larry taking a much needed break!

The puppies need a break some times too!


We finally decided we needed to have some excitement so we went to visit Virginia City, NV. I was so excited to discover that one of my favorite authors started out in the newspaper business there and they had this awesome, tiny museum in the basement of a little curio shop. It’s actually where Samuel Clemens, writing under the name Mark Twain, worked for the Territorial Enterprise! I also found out that his brother was named Orion! The name of one of the characters in my book: Song Of The Ghost Dog! (Which by the way was a finalist in the Siskiyou prize for New Environmental Literature)
 
From a museum in Virginia City

The bells from this beautiful church were awesome!

Mark Twain actually wrote at this desk!

That's me with my arm around Mark Twain's ghost. Can you see him?

So... apparently he took a dump here!

Cute little hobby horse in the museum.

Virginia City was pretty awesome!


Life really is an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.