Wednesday, April 26, 2017

3… 2…1… Blast Off! AGAIN!

Early January 2016

I’ve had a couple of people ask when I’m going to add to this blog. Since at least a few people are actually reading it, I thought I should write something.

When last I wrote we were sitting in the RV dealership's parking lot spending our first night in our new home and poor little Jenny had a mishap on the steps at 10 PM! As I recall the plan was to find a vet the next day… again… what do they say about the best-laid plans?

We worked a few more hours trying to get everything transferred from our old trailer to the new one. We were pretty beat at 2 AM and decided to call it a night. It wouldn't take too much more so we decided to sleep in a bit. However we were in an RV Dealership’s parking lot so by sleeping in I mean we were awoken at 7:30 AM by dealership noise. The dogs had to be taken out and I couldn’t very well do that in pajamas in an RV Dealership’s parking lot. So… we got up, showered, cooked our first meal in our new kitchen and by cooking our first meal I mean warmed up some Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches in the microwave. We hadn’t even unpacked our coffee pot yet! Luckily I knew the dealership always had free coffee available. I went there.

It took a lot longer than we anticipated to finish transferring stuff and by the time we were finished they couldn’t find the guy with the keys. By the time they found him it was almost 6 PM! They said we could stay another night but we were anxious to get on our way so, with high hopes we took off!

We rolled into our home for the next month: Silver City RV Park in Minden, NV, just outside the capitol, Carson City. It was early January 2016 and there was snow all over the place! It was beautiful!

It was also 4 in the morning! We set up the trailer in the snow and crawled into bed.



When we woke up 6 or 7 hours later we turned on the computer, found a vet and finally took poor Jenny in. One of her toenails had been completely ripped out and another one was shredded! They did surgery to remove the shredded one and told us not to let her chew on her foot.

I put a boot on her so she couldn't chew it. I didn't work!

Tried this collar. It didn't work either!





















Life is an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Larry and I decided to retire and hit the road. We bought a new 5th Wheel and new truck to pull it. We packed up the dogs and we're heading out to check off that bucket list. We wake up every morning and "Thank Our Lucky Stars" that we get to do this.